The goal of the California Technology Education Resource (CTER) Center is to provide a resource for teachers and administrators in technology education in the state of California. We define this to include those in industrial technology education (such as machining, welding, drafting, automotive, construction, etc.), engineering, and other technology-related classes. While it is targeted more towards K-12 teachers, there will also be information useful to Community College and University teachers as well.
By providing these resources for teachers, we hope to assist them in getting more kids interested in careers in manufacturing, engineering, and technology-related careers.
This Resource Center is focused on helping high school, middle school, and community college teachers in a number of different ways. Note that not all of these resources are available at this time. The site is being launched in December 2009, and new features will be added over the coming months.
- Connect with other teachers & programs
- Connect with industry
- Find classroom materials
- Examples of hands-on projects
- Donations of equipment & supplies
- Teacher Professional Development
- Teaching Jobs
- Help students find:
- Summer jobs
- Example Programs
- Program success stories
- Technology exploration activities>
- Technology competitions for students
- a) - g) courses
- Articulated programs in the state
- Marketing (creating awareness & motivation for taking your class)
- Presentations to students / parents / counselors
- Manufacturing is exciting!
- Facts about manufacturing/engineering
- Marketing success stories
- Creating your own classroom website
(work best with Firefox or Safari browsers)
- Competitions, Workshops, Camps, etc.
- One-Hour Activities for Volunteers
- Volunteer Match (Silicon Valley)
MARKETING TECH ED
- California Manufacturing
- Aligning K-14 Career Pathways
- Labor Market Info
- Find Local Companies